Thursday, December 04, 2008

Breaking the Habit


Since I got shocked back into reality (i.e. post-board exams distress, etc.), I haven't been able to get back up on that reading saddle and voraciously read like I used to. Since then, I've only read a handful of books and most of it can be read in a couple of hours (the first Trese book, The Graveyard Book). It's either I'm too tired or too bummed to read. I guess this is what happens when you start working. But part of me thinks that this all boils down to stress management. Ha!

So right now, I'm looking for THE ONE. That one book that I'll be devouring in just a couple of hours even though it's 400+ pages. I'm thinking I should try some lighter stuff first. So right now, I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I remember watching the trailer and went "WTF? I don't recall reading this!" Which is precisely the point: I can't remember the book anymore.

I'm also juggling HP with Hellboy: The God Machine (Thomas Snegoski), one of the three HB books given to me as a birthday present. It's been okay so far. The writing is okay, the usual HB stuff I like (the occult, humor, etc.). So is it the one? I hope so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home