Saturday, October 03, 2009

Feasts for October



The first time I saw this book at NBS Trinoma, I fell in love. Back then, I was a big H.P. Lovecraft geek. I've been a horror geek since I was a kid (trivia: my first 'book' was Stephen King's Christine) but I was in college when I discovered H.P. Lovecraft (flirted with scifi and secondary worlds during my HS years, when I was in elementary, I dug John Saul and Michael Crichton).

I remeber Joey Nacino's Insomnia being a Lovecraftian yarn set in the PI. I remember my first short story in years, which had a heavy Lovecraftian texture. I remember Boodie and I swimming in low-tech goo during our Lovecraft movies marathon (Evil Dead included!).

But then I focused on my work, on Pao. I barely had time to read. My interest in Lovecraft diminished, eclipsed.

October. The Call of Cthulu's beckoning. Keep the doors shut and grab a flashlight. Find a safe spot, open The Book and prepare yourself.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home