Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pelikula




Normally, I would skip the ever crappy Playboy Philippines in the magazine stalls (okay, I only made the mistake of buying the damn thing once, a year ago and I swore never to buy one again). Last month they did a feature on the young upstarts of the Philippine writing scene (which, if I remember correctly, included Carljoe Javier) but I never got around buying the damn issue (its P199, I could buy better things than this rag).
So I took a double take when I spotted this chick and Peque Gallaga on this month’s cover. It’s their Philippine Cinema portfolio (dammit, Rogue you guys better bring that portfolio back this year) and because of my current involvement in Pelikula, I thought I’d give Playboy another chance. (hell, they published a story by the always amazing Mia Tijam so I guess that means these guys have taste).
I browsed through the issue and so far, the contents are good. The usual suspects of the Philippine Cinema are there: Ricky Lee, Brillante Mendoza, Jeffrey Jeturian and Bb. Joyce Bernal.
On another news, make damn sure you check out Francis Cabal’s(howdowemakeitdie), the latest addition to the awesome guys of Pelikula, post on John Hillcoat. Check in later to see the little Bjork special that Jansen and I made.
Still showing is my post on my current guilty-pleasure queen, Hilary Duff and Aldrin’s review of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
Also, many thanks to James Gabrillo (Inquirer, Rogue Magazine) for expressing his Pelikula love.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home