Thursday, November 12, 2009

FOUND! : THE PGS HORROR ISSUE





I found a copy of the Philippine Genre Stories: Horror Issue (guest edited by Yvette Tan) here in National Book Store Olongapo! Since last year, I've been seeing copies of PGS4 here and in NBS Subic. So when Kyu said that the PGS Horror Issue is already available, I thought it was only a matter of time before copies arrived here. And lo and behold!

So far, I've read 'An Unusual Treatment' (Dom Cimafranca) and 'Tech Support' (Sean Uy) and they've been enjoyable. They're interesting because they bring a new perspective to the concept of what horror is. Sure, both of the stories have holes but, heck, they're both fun to read.

I'll try to post a review tomorrow (as soon as I finish reading it) as well as a review of Philippine Spec Fic IV. After that, I'll start reading The Farthest Shore, A Time for Dragons and Usok 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home